You can pre-select the Service and Frequency on your booking form.
This would be useful if you want to share a link for a specific service you offer. Once the customer clicks that link, they’ll be taken to your booking form with the service already selected for them.
How it Works
By adding certain key-value pairs (called query string parameters) to the URL of your Booking page, you can tell the Launch27 booking form which Service and/or Frequency to pre-select when the form loads.
Here are the query string parameters that you may use:
- service_id: the ID of the Service you want to pre-select
- pricing_param_quantity: the quantity of the pricing parameter you want to pre-select. Note: this is only applicable if your service has a pricing parameter added to it
- frequency_id = ID of the frequency they want to preselect when form loads
An example of how a link would look with all of these parameters set is:
- A normal booking page URL: http://www.yoursite.com
- URL with parameters: http://yoursite.com/?service_id=3&pricing_param_quantity=3&frequency_id=3
How to Preselect a Service and Frequency
Step 1: How to find the ID of the Service or Frequency
- Go to Settings -> Services -> Services or Frequencies
- Hover over the edit icon
- You will see a URL in your browser’s status bar that looks like this:
- The red numbers in the URL above are the IDs you would use for the parameters
- (Optional) If you have a pricing parameter, you just need to pass in a number to represent the Quantity. If your quantities are 1-6 for the pricing parameter, you can use any number from 1 to 6.
Step 2: Add the parameters to the URL
Let’s assume this is the URL of the booking page on your website:
A Single Parameter:
When you are adding a single parameter, you always add a ‘?’ before the name of the parameter.
This would be used if you want the service with ID ‘3’ to be pre-selected:
This would be used if you want the frequency with ID ‘3’ to be pre-selected:
This would be used if you want to pre-select an extra:
This sets the zip code to be pre-filled on the form:
This would be used to pre-enter a phone number:
This would be used to pre-enter an email:
Number of Workers
Sets the number of workers to be pre-selected on the form (for hourly services):
Service_id = <ID of your hourly service>
Number of Hours
Sets the number of hours (in minutes) to be pre-selected on the form (for hourly services):
Service_id = <ID of your hourly sevice>
Enters a discount code into the Discount Field of the booking form
&rcode= (enter discount code)
When you are adding multiple parameters, you always add a ‘?’ before the name of the FIRST parameter, then a ‘&’ before the name of each subsequent parameter
Service and Pricing Parameter
This would be used if you want the service with ID ‘3’ and pricing parameter with quantity 3 to be pre-selected:
Service and Pricing Parameter
This would be used if you want the service with ID ‘3’ with a pricing parameter of quantity 3 and frequency with ID ‘3’ to be pre-selected:
How to Add Multiple Pricing Parameters
If you have multiple pricing parameters associated with your service, you can pre-select the quantities for each pricing parameter.
For example, if you have a Service (whose ID = 3) and two pricing parameters (whose IDs are 1 and 2), your link would look like this