Important: Starting September 29, 2017, you must use your own Twilio account and phone number to be able to use Launch27’s SMS notifications feature.
Twilio is the service that Launch27 uses to send text message alerts. In order to use the text messaging feature, Launch27 offers a Twilio integration so you can link your Twilio account to send text messages.
This article will show you how to create a Twilio account, purchase a phone number and set everything up in Launch27 to send text messages.
How to Create a Twilio Account
Go here to create a Twilio account: https://www.twilio.com/try-twilio
Fill out the form with your contact info and choose the options highlighted below:
After you submit the form, you will need to provide your phone number and click “Verify via SMS” for security purposes:
After you click “Verify via SMS”, you will be sent a security code that must be entered into this screen. Click Submit after you have entered the code:
Now you will be able to login to your Twilio account for the next steps.
How to Purchase a Twilio Phone Number
After you’ve created your account and have logged into Twilio, you need to purchase a phone number. Follow this video to learn how:
How to Setup Twilio for Text Messaging
After you’ve created a Twilio account and purchased a phone number, do the following in Launch27:
- Go to Settings > Miscellaneous > Twilio
- Copy the Account SID, Auth Token and Phone Number from your Twilio account
- Paste the Account SID, Auth Token and Phone Number into Launch27
- Click Save Changes
How much does Twilio cost?
Twilio offers pay-as-you-go pricing. Visit Twilio’s pricing page for more details.
How to set the Alphanumeric Sender ID in Twilio
Alphanumeric Sender ID is a feature in Twilio that allows you to set your own business brand as the Sender ID when sending one-way messages.
You must first create an Alphanumeric Sender ID in Twilio before you can set the Phone number in Launch27.
- Contact Twilio support to ask them to enable the Alphanumeric Sender ID feature in your Twilio account
- Create the Alphanumeric Sender ID in your Twilio account
- Go to your Launch27 account Settings > Miscellaneous > Twilio
- Make sure you have already set the Account SID and Auth Token settings
- Set the Phone Number to the same value you set for the Alphanumeric Sender ID in your Twilio account
- Click Save Settings
Now the “From” number should be displayed as the Alphanumeric Sender ID when SMS messages are sent from Launch27.